[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re; diffusion pumps

( Sorry for such a quick reply, but I'm on the way out of town).  The first
difference you should look at is metal diff pumps must run on a seperate
backing pump than the rough pump.  Glass diff pumps can be through-pumped
(only one mech pump).  the thought of two main stopcocks and the expense of
two mechanical pumps usually stops most people there.  I have both.  Be back
31/96.  I'll elaborate on the preformance of each after living with both for
more than two years.  (In the meantime, I suggest not going out and buying a
metal pump.)  Morgan