[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Under-car Neon

Since we seem to consider legality an important issue on this list, has anyone
looked into the legal aspects of on-around-under-through car neon? The laws
are pretty specific in this area as far as what colors are permissible on what
area of automobiles are concerned. You can check with the motor vehicle code
in your area but most blues, aquas, greens, etc are taboo.  Even if you use
amber or red there are particular amber or red colors that are acceptable. I
think it would be OK to do neon on an automobile if you included some sort of
disclaimer that would be approved by a lawyer of choice that said something to
the effect that it was meant for off-road use only. That would let them use it
for a beach party or such. I have also heard mention of problems associated
with ABS brake systems and 12 volt solid state devices for neon. Seems there
is some jamming (like the remote control issue) that goes on with those
unregulated frequencies. Even if it wasn't and someone was looking for
something to blame the accident on, it sounds like enough of a lawsuit that I
stayed far, far, away from that market for what it was worth to compete with
Taiwan. Just my tired-ass old-fashioned real-world .02 worth. BTW, if you
don't own ANYTHING or have a LOT of insurance, who cares! Go for it!

  E-mail from: Tom Biebel, 29-Mar-1996