[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Paul Davis's articles

John,

Generally I like Paul Davis's articles, if only because he's hard-hitting.
Five years ago you NEVER saw names named or controversies delved into in
Signs of the Times.

Personally I've avoided plastic conduit despite ease of installation -- it
always made me a little nervous that the GTO wasn't encased in a grounded
material -- and in a recent issue (hard to remember which one, since I have
about a years worth of catch-up reading in my bathroom, both ST and Sign
Business, in no particular order!) Paul Davis blasts UL for allowing it. For
awhile he was taking a strict-enforcing of UL line; now he's taking a tack
against what he disagrees with in UL.

I'm glad he's doing his column -- he raises the UL  and safety issues to a
level of awareness that wasn't around before.

-Ted Pirsig