[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: certification

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995 DBoniface@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, this is Don in Florida. I've been checking with the state dept.where I
> will have to get my tax number ,etc. to set up my neon shop as I get
> everything in order. Depending on which person is handling the phones at
> their office I've been told the only way of getting an occupational license
> here is to have a Fl state MASTERS electrical certification. That seems like
> asking LOT if your going to sub out the final installation to an electrical
> shop to do the installing. How do you get around that when I only plan to
> build the neon signs and sub out the rest? Is there some other classification
> even the suppliers say you must be a COMPLETE installing/service electrical
> sign shop to purchase from them.I understand legal liabilities but it seems
> extreme on just the manufacturing end of the industry. Thanks for any
> constructive info any of you could send.Regards,Don

Hey Don,
I think you only need that license if you are doing electrical work.
This is something that your installer should have.  If you decide to
apply for the license find out the requirements BEFORE you let them
interrogate you.  In most states you have to had worked for a licensee
for a couple of years to qualify.  Many people get letters from past
employers as per this qualification although they work the two years in
about two minutes.
Jacob