[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: building transformer

> Kenny,
>
>         About building that electronic transformer for the jellybean effect.
> I set up a 555 timer with adjustable cap & pots. to adjust the frequency and
> the duty cycle.  Now do I power a ignition coil off the timer, or run the
> pulses to the trigger of a power transistor and run a seperate power supply
> to the coil?  That was the part that I was unclear about in your directions
> before.  Thanks.

Pin 3 goes to the base of the transistor.  The emitter goes to
ground.  The collector to one lead of the coil and the other lead
goes to Vcc.

I'll upload a diagramin gif as soon as I get a chance.

> I also downloaded your color chart but I don't have that format and my
> computer couldn't convert it.

It's a zipfile that extracts to Corel 6 format. I'll be uploading
other formats including a web format shortly.

> Ron Anas
> neonron@nconnect.net

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web