[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Is it possible?

Hello All.  I have a puzzling question or at least its puzzling to me
fdor you.  I was prepairing to bombard a repair (clear red)by welding it
to the manifold.  I then placed mica between tight bends.  Nothing
unusual so far.  There was one bend that I couldn't slip even the
thinnist piece of mica in.  I grabbed the heat gun that I keep handy for
shrinking heat shrink tubing and thought I could heat the bend up( drop
down in the letter "T") enough to slip a small sliver in.  No good!  On
closed examination it looked like there was a hole between the two
pieces of glass.  I bombarded the unit.  My fingers was crossed and
beads of sweat were clinging to my forehead.  Could this unit bombard
with two pieces in contact with each other?  In my experience, a nice
round hole would blow through if this situation was not corrected with a
piece of mica.  I filled the unit and the beads of sweat evaporated.
Has this ever happened in your experience?  Could it have been fused
when the unit was made originally?
Best of the New Year to All!
Howie Cohen
Utica, NY