[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Natural Gas Flush,Clean Glass

There have been many questions in regards to a natural gas flush in a tube.

 I am going to assume that the inquiry pertains to mercury repairs and I
offer this advice.

Per a conversation with David of TechnoLux some years
ago I learned that PURE, WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR removes HG stains from older
tubes. Sure enough it does! However, with older tubes the straight Vinegar
may be too strong and you will find that with prolonged soaking the powder
will strip itself from the glass wall. Currently I use a mixture of Vinegar
and DISTILLED WATER with a ratio of 10 parts water to 1 part Vinegar. This
solution is poured into the repair after the visible HG has been removed and
stored for future disposal. A funnel and latex tube will assist in keeping
this affair as dry as possible. Return the solution to the container for
future use and air dry the tube slowly. Drying the wet tube too quickly may
yeild water stains. Make your repair and bomb only when the tube is dry. I
have found that this method keeps the stains out of the tube and the units
bomb hotter and in a more efficient manner.

For new  glass  I have a
seperate container with the same solution and wash the glass prior to
bending. Overnight drying of the tubes in a vertical position is a must. Try
this with a dozen tubes and use a coffee filter to strain the solution or
store the used rinse in another clear container. You will be suprised at what
you find rinsing out from that brand new glass.

Keep an eye out for the
next, long awaited, NEON NEWS and you will find plans to consrtuct a Debri
Trap for your manifold. This trap WILL keep HG and Powders out of your
manifold with a effective rating of 97.3%
( Don't take that number to heart
! )

Viva la lumens!
Ono