[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: blank on block out tubing

Hello Jeff,  Can you tell us more about Jasco Speedomatic Paint Remover. In
the
past, that block out paint is a bear to remove.  How is it used?  Brush on
then
wipe?  Water soluble?
Thanks.
Howie Cohen

Where do you get the stuff?

It's the standard, good old stuff from the hardware store. You put it on and
then wipe it off after it blisters. Don't get the surface wet. Water tends to
neutralize it. You may want to apply it a second time to get the paint off.
You can wash it off if you dry it before you put on another coating. No magic
to it. When I started out, everyone said you can't strip blockout with paint
remover, so it took me 3 years to finally try it. Now that's the only way we
will do it.
Jeff Golin