[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: blank on block out tubing

>It may be that block-out paint has caused more harm than mercury.
Before anyone jumps all over me for that statement, this is just
based on what the stuff smells like both fresh (yum) and bombarded
(double yum).  I have no technical data and certainly mercury is by far
more dangerous. I just get a kick out of that word "non-flammable"
on the label. It's like, oh okay, that's good.

If you bombard blockout paint, you will soon have a tremendous headache,
perhaps a stroke sometime. Fills the entire shop, just one whiff and you
bought it. It's obviously not a good idea to breathe anything that reliably
gives you a killer headache. Works much better for me to put some standard
Jasco Speedomatic Paint Remover on it and wipe off all blockout paint before
working it, then redip it. Sounds like more work but that's what we have
ended up doing on all jobs here rather than fighting with it. Better results
and doesn't really take more time than sitting in a corner with your head in
a bucket.