[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Latex-based block out

>Transco carries just about the best Latex, water based block out we've
>found. We changed out our dip tanks from solvent based to Transco's water
>based and everyone is much happier with both its performance and ease of
>use. (i.e. cleanup!!!!)

The line Transco carries is called "Blox Out."  I called them today, and
they said they've carried it for quite some time.  I tried to order some,
and they referred me to one of their distributors.  I tried a total of 3
distributors (2 are places I have credit accounts) and neither had the
foggiest idea what I was talking about.  I called every branch of one of
the distributors, and they typical response was:  "sir, I have no idea
what you've talking about.  We do have block-out paint.  It's called
Stazon, and it comes in black and gray."  Not _one_ offered to order it
for me.  My regular supplier, when really pressed, said:  "well, I _guess_
we could call Transco, but we don't order from them very often, and
they'll be some extra charges for a special order.

If anyone knows someone who stocks ANY water-based blockout, I'd sure like
their phone #.  Any part of the country.  I really don't understand this
distributor thing.  Why would anyone give exclusive selling rights to a
place that won't eagerly sell the product?  Or won't sell it at all?

Have money, want paint!

    -John Anderson