[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- NEON: Association revisited

Megavolt wrote in October:

>> And one more thing: within the ISA they have a "research and standards
>> commitee".  They are starting a program to develop a performance standard
>> for manifolds.  After that is done they are going to work on a training
>> program for bombarding. They have alot of  money and manpower.  You do not
>> have to be an ISA member to serve on that panel.
>> Are we duplicating efforts here?

>... seriously, perhaps some good efforts - only it's not us.  Could a
>point be made that it should come _from_ tubebenders if it's to be of
>any value to the trade?  Is neon a segment of the sign industry?
>....Are sign people really interested in
>vacuum physics, annealing, vapor pressure, outgassing, etc?

JOhn,

Sign people - non bender types - are interested in all these things.  As I have
said before, I have attended almost every ISA Research and Standards Committee
meeting for five+ years.  The sub-committee dealing with mannifolds is not just
"traipsing around in the dark".  There are too many isues in the industry which
need attention for Committee members to "dabble".  People on these
sub-committees have a definite interest in making the industry and the specific
products better.  They are very much concerned in making things safer and
establishing some type of "baseline" for quality, education, and performance.

Las Vegas is the site of the next ISA meeting.  The R&S Committee will be
meeting.  I am sure that NEON-l can get items on the agenda if we desire.  We
could even use the Sign Business meeting in Orlando as a place to meet and get
on paper the issues we believe to be important before the ISA show.  It's great
that Benders can make it to a party, let's use the time to also better
ourselves.

Tim
cent@interserv.com