[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- red turn blue...2 color tubes

> Matt and Marcus;
> two weeks ago I held a new version of the old KISC in my hands.  It
> is not out yet because it is going through UL.  It should be out
> around the first of the year.  Cost less than half of first model.

So that would make it around $300-$400??

> >This unit will light only two 5 foot tubes (!).
> >This out of the US limitation on 15kV - the surge peak voltage you
> >need to fire only the red has to be so high for the selective
> >purpose.
>
> The new unit is supposed to run 20 feet per satalite trans (one main
> controller can run several sats) > >BTW: This unit is very noisy,
> too.
>
> It was reasonably quiet

Sounds interesting. Is KISC on the net?

> The one on the outside of the MOMA building has been running for 3
> years.
>
> Morgan

You mean MONA don't you?

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web