[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Patented Processing System

Well, I finally have it in my hands, US Patent # 5,567,192 METHOD AND APPARATUS
FOR PROCESSING ELECTRON GAS DISCHARGE TUBING.  This patent covers a tube
processing system where all the "significant" variables for processing tubes are
monitored and recorded for future reference.  By serializing the tube with a
barcode, I will be able to go back at any time and determine precisely how a
tube was processed.  Additionally, when an operator enters the start-up
information, a "recipe card" with the specific processing instructions from the
component manufacturer is called up and the operator is "stepped" through the
processing.  The next step is not presented until the last step is completed.
Now, when a tube fails, we can begin to see if it is truly "bad processing" or
perhaps bad components.  We can even begin to really analyze the specific
effects of each processing variable by making documented "bad tubes" and
comparing them over a specific aging cycle to "good tubes" and for once, on
paper, show exactly what the differences are.

I can't tell you how excited I am that we may be a step closer to being able to
truly define what is a "good" tube.

I'll keep the list updated as I move forward with the next step of the search
for "perfect" processing.

Tim
cent@interserv.com