[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Ovens, another look, questions for Dirk.

Dear Dirk et al:
Have just received an order that will require that I build an oven, which I
intend to do now. Lots of tubes, all same length. Now my earlier questions
are suddenly very important. Am tired of flaming long tubes although will
still do it for shorter custom ones, looking forward to a more "hands off"
approach.
Still have a few nagging questions, tho, anyone want to help?
1. Want to know if it's possible to construct a split RF coil. Am still sold
on approach of bombarding at same time as heating, have a lot of experience
in doing it this way and would like my oven to be able to heat both
electrodes and glass simultaneously. Now that I know that electrodes can be
safely heated inside the oven without cracking, want to put the coils in
there with them. I am not considering cooling the coils in the oven, of
course, as I do on the bench. Want to series-connect a lot of coils together.
Any suggestions? Am going to build a small benchtop type oven for 10' tubes,
perhaps do 10 at a time?
2. Wish I knew if Dirk has any graphics format that is compatible with his
computers, which I would like to use to attach drawing files and sketches.
What kind of graphics file.extensions does your computer support, Dirk?
Failing that, is there any Fax number that I can use to fax you drawings?
Would help me to eliminate some possible false approaches, perhaps.
Best Regards,
Jeff Golin
Neon Express