[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Ovens, another look, questions for Dirk.

EclectiKat@aol.com wrote:

Am tired of flaming long tubes although will
> still do it for shorter custom ones, looking forward to a more "hands off"
> approach.
Reply from dirk:
Of course Jeff, especially in a sociaty where the "time is money"
strophe is better known then the national hymne.

> Still have a few nagging questions, tho, anyone want to help?
Never noticed that this list refused to help anayone, just for that
reason I love and contribute to this list.

> 1. Want to know if it's possible to construct a split RF coil.
Yes Jeff, and I am a little surprised reading this question coming from
you as for about 4 weeks ago another member of this list wrote that if a
few members were ordering a coil like that a manufacturer of that stuff
was willing to make them for cheap or was willing to give a discount for
making more then one. I don't remember who it was but meaby he (or she)
is reading this reply and come back to us. So, hey Brother overthere
will you be so kind to reply to this as I want to have the split coil as
well. The coil is then made like a V simular to the V sign what we can
make with our fingers . I saw it for several times here in the
Netherlands and it works fine. It is a more legant way to do the
outgassing and conversion of the electrode as the original pumping pipe
(stem? what I mean is the tubulated one) is still used, and I prefer
that)

Am still sold
> on approach of bombarding at same time as heating, have a lot of experience
> in doing it this way and would like my oven to be able to heat both
> electrodes and glass simultaneously.
Sorry to say this Jeff, wrong procedure. All three ovenpumping
manufacturers never (and these three are doing over 40% of our complete
market) never convirt the lectrode during the heating up process and the
lectrodes are converted one at the time. The far away one (non
tubulated) is converted always first of course for reasons you can
imagine.

Now that I know that electrodes can be
> safely heated inside the oven without cracking,
Yes, Yes, YES!

want to put the coils in
> there with them.
My goodnes Jeff, NONONO! Come over and look for yourself. The process
you want to start is to oldfashioned, nobody is doing that and give me
one reason why the coils should be located in the oven. FOR WHAT REASON?
We only use a handheld coil that is converting etcetc everything. Maybe
TOMU can jump in here as he was looking to that process for a few
minutes during his trip. (hahahah I said a few minutes, we spend a
complete afternoon at that shop)

I am not considering cooling the coils in the oven, of
THER ARE NO COILS IN THE OVEN!!

> course, as I do on the bench. Want to series-connect a lot of coils together.
NONONO.

> Any suggestions? Am going to build a small benchtop type oven for 10' tubes,
> perhaps do 10 at a time?
Good! Even better is to make you oven bigger so that you can do 2 meter
tubes as well. Cost you only a few more $$ and it is so handy to have an
oven.

> 2. Wish I knew if Dirk has any graphics format that is compatible with his
> computers, which I would like to use to attach drawing files and sketches.
> What kind of graphics file.extensions does your computer support, Dirk?
CVG, IMG, (atari stuff) but also JPG or GEM.

> Failing that, is there any Fax number that I can use to fax you drawings?
Of course Jeff, 00 31 10 415 11 21 will do the job. Don't forget to make
the electronic controled hysteresis for the temperature and the Hg
collector in the outlet (chimney???) so that you can do merc repairs
without harm. No even better as all merc is collected and trapped in a
separation of the outlet (chimney to the atmosphere?? sorry folks,
cannot do it better. Don't know how to use the right words so you must
do it with my describtion)

> Would help me to eliminate some possible false approaches, perhaps.
There is this list for dear Jeff, and only for that reason I am replying
to you the best I can. Oh BTW I must thank another brother from this
list as well. Our friend Telford Dorr was doing great. Thank you TD,
sometimes you are so quite and then I am worrying, thinking hey is old
TD still on the list. For what reason he is so quite? Your translation
was more then perfect. Reading your reply I thought that is not TD that
is me. Exactly the right words and I was bouncing my head to the wall
telling myself, you stpid look what TD is saying, that's waht I tried to
tell this list but I could not choose the right words in the proper line
to make a proper translation. Thank you TD and don't concern about your
initials as : FROM THIS MOMENT ON YOU ARE NOT FOR ME ANY LONGER TD, AND
I AM TELLING THIS TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS LIST AS WELL, BUT YOU ARE FOR
ME A BIG TDI! Not only for the reason that I am driving the Alfa Romeo
TDI but you always give this list the I (the injection) of more then
proper technivcal information that I love so much. I know that you have
a dgree in something and that's good. Reacting with technical
information to this list is even better, but your describtions and
replies are in my opinions the best, and for that reason I am loving
you. Will you do me a favour again? Please reply to our mutual friend
TOM U as I did put on this list for several times the problems and
answers for cos phi shift and how to correct them saving more then
(over?? correct me please) for several times. NOW MY FRIEND TOM U IS
ASKING THAT AND MY GOODNESS I TRULY THINK THAT IF TOM WAS NOT CAPABLE TO
READ MY ANSWERS NOBODY COULD, BUT YOU CAN!!! So, dear TDI, plese come
back to TOM U, trying to save more then 50 % of the energy used for the
environmental reasons. (PLEASE)
I know that you will do it as for me you are not any longer TD but TDI,
and inject our members with the things they need to upgrate our trade.
(oh I know that you did that before I only was joking, remebers me to
the fact that only 50% of this list understand my jokes< don't shoot me)
Best from dirk.