[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Tube benders Assoc.

<How would you like to wake up one day and find a new,
self-appointed  "certification" agency for neon?  Complete with a set of
standards specifying copious amounts of their favorite customers'
components?>
John, not sure what you mean by "certification". Even if there was a "self
appointed" agency, a neon benders association which qualifies the level of
knowledge and experience certainly would not be ignored when questions were
on the table concerning technique, safety, and experience levels on products.
(Think about how info is passed on this list about products to try, ones to
avoid etc.!) Yes, we need to develop a means to tie us together as a voice
that has influence on the marketplace. For instance, do sometimes feel like
you are being raped on prices for product that is supposedly being sold
through a distributor? And what is all this with exclusive sales contrats
with distributors that don't even stock the product! Then on top of it all,
you get to pick up the shipping charges, for the product that is sent
directly to you because it is not stocked! A how about those products that
are sold through your local distributor at a higher price than the
manufacturers "suggested list price". And so on, and so on. I for one am
tired of having to squeeze the level of profit out of my prices, while my
expenses are constantly climbing. With a mastery level certificate, I could
justify the fees because of the quality of bending I am rated at. (I am NOT
saying that the association should set prices, simply that designated skill
levels will allow us to support the level of quality of the products and
services thatwe sell, something like being a "CPA" of neon!)
Hey Ed, I too wonder how I would do on t.