[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Tube benders Assoc.

On 10/17/96 02:05:33 you wrote:

>Would any-one care to take a crack at spelling out the purpose or mission of
>a tube-benders association?  Might move things forward...or out the door.

No matter what the name decided for the association, Jeff has good input on this, the
goals list of the association would be determined mainly by member input. As we
speak there is a questioniere being devised. If you have any questions to add post
them. Possible goals:
	1. A united voice for individual neon glassworkers. This voice will speak to
	towns, zoning and building departments, manufacturers of the products we
	use, suppliers of these products, testing labs and to each other.
	2. Education for above parties as well as its members. Technological
	assistance, providing a means of scientific and design education beyond the
	realm of neon school. Apprenticeship assistance for beginners.
	3. On staff or retainered attornies to provide to the individual shops an
	economical source of legal advise.
	4.A universal library for any interested party wnating to be a part of
	purveying an art which helped build the electric sign industry.
	5.A means or formula for pricing to be used, at the very least in regions,
	or universally.
	6. A means to measure a shops level of workmanship or an individuals
	skills for use as a fair salary base or marketing tool.
	7. IRC for meetings...no travel or down time for individuals. Quarterly
	summaries of these meetings for non internets. A historic and quarterly
	newsletter. Meeting for attending members at other trade shows.
	8.A place to go, in your heart, and know that the future of your livlihood is
	being guided by you and peers with similar interests.

Peace.