[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- RE: small tube lifetime

Dear Tom W. or anybody else:

Do you know a physical reason why short tubes should have shorter life?
Temperature - NO. When properly processed, no outgassing will occur, thus
bombarding temperature is always much higher than operating temp.

Gas volume - you have to pre-compensate to have the optimal equilibrium
discharge pressure - no more occlusion in the 'trode body when equilibirum
is reached.

So please tell me a GOOD reason why small tubes should have shorter life
- I don't know any. My 6mm ones, 20cm long ore operating now for more than
2.5 years on 25mA (red) without any sign of ageing.

Marcus