[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Hg Injector

.  The amount of mercury placed in
>tubes varies considerably from bender to bender.  In most cases, the amount of
>mercury used is excessive but the biggest problem is consistently dispensing a
>"measured" amount of mercury.  The benefit of a good injector is placing the
>bender in precise control of the amount of mercury used.

This is also why blowing a tabulation hole in the middle of the piece can be
useful. Anyone still
do that? I have the hardest time when I have to get the blob of mercury buy
an electrode with a mica shield...almost makes me whant to yank that little
piece of mica out of the electrode. Lately
I have been just letting the mercury vaporize slower...Seems to me if there
is a problem, and I cannot get the blob of mercury past the mica, could I
not just put the tube back on the bombarder and give it a couple of seconds
at .05-.01 to vaporize the mercury? or is this a bad idea, and would I just
reverse what I was trying to do and make the tube unevenly vaporized?

matt