[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Ted's European knife

> > Dear Ted,
> > Though I use the "european" square shaped glass knife now for more than
> > two years on soda glass, perhaps one hint for you:
> >
> > These knike will get "dull" after about one year of usage when cutting
> > hard glass. Nothing visible to the eye, but making new sharp
> > "microtooths" by stroking once or twice with a diamond file will
> > "sharpen" them as new ones.
> >
> > Marcus
> >

> Hello Marcus!
>
> I like this! Please explain more. Do you run the diamond file along the
> cutting edge OR perpendicular to the cutting edge?

Dear Jacob,
perpendicular to the cutting edge, maintaining the coorect angle of the
tungsten carbide blade. Equal as when sharpening  the kitchen knifes.
But the diamonds will leave "microtooths" you can feel by scratching
the blade with your fingernail. (NO, you will not get that blackboard feeling.)

Marcus