[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re:Zero electrode Sci Systems

Info Unlimited is the same as Sci Systems  in NH.
Neither they nor Tech 2000 sell the induction heaters any more.
(can't find anyone who does,  but i gotta believe there's a simple
substitution of a several-turn coil made out of wire and you just pump
some amps thru  it).

zero-electrode:  i have used everything from aluminum foil to
(very)thin cotton-wound wire to metal scrap to be the (external)
electrode when used with a zero-electrode piece (just gassed and sealed,
not bombed) and an RF transformer.
I like the 12-volt-input sci-system transformers for 1 or 0 electrode
pieces:  they have a capacitor from negative 12 volts input to
ground on the 110v side of the step-down transformer.  this works well
but can pose a shock threat when anything near the (especially one electrode)
piece is metal (since that metal surface capacitively couples into the
circuit).

i've only ever had one problem with sci systems.  i returned a small
power supply once several years ago (it was speced to light
4' and it barely lit 1')  and they never would credit me.
their customer phone hours are very limited, and with my 2 other jobs,
it's almost impossible for me to find time to call them and get them.  they
never responded to faxes.   some things aren't worth trying to spend time on.

sherwood@ricks.enet.dec.com