[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- RE:Zero electrode neon, adding a thread

Mike wrote:

>>I've heard of neon pieces, small sculptures, that are electrode-less and are
>>excited by high frequency type transformers made for such work. The
>>transformer was small, about 5" each side and the neon piece was placed on
>>top. Does anyone know of a manufacturer/supplier of this type of
>>transformer.?  From the description I got it is enclosed, resin impregnated,
>>no GTO leads --- made soley for neon type novelty pieces.

>>Thanks,

>>Mike Greene

	To add to a thread; An electrical contractor of mine mentioned neon that
ran on "static" electricity in Europe.   Is this really the transfo Mike is
asking about?  Also, I've heard of transformers that have the ability to change
the color of neon, would these use a variance of high frequencies to do this?
Do any of these exist?   Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Sean