[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Legal "silicone-rubber" boots

John Anderson wrote:

> I can't help but be suspicious about polymeric HV insulators.  Here in
> Texas, with 110 F summers and sub-zero winters it's a rough life for
> most materials (take a look at dashboards here on 1yr old cars).Reply from dirk:
We use these rubbers frequently here in the Netherlands, but we only sell
and use the silicone ones.

> I would also think the boot's water tightness would depend on remaining
> a consistent shape, and fitting tightly to both the sleeving and 'trode
> - things hard to maintain with such temp extremes. Yes John,but the silicone ones are the only sleeves who can do the job
very good. There are several manufacturers here in Europe who produce
them, but silicone has a price. It's the price for quality and save
insulation, but again nothing wrong with these rubbers.

> But - I'm certainly no one to argue with an electrical testing
> laboratory. Show them the silicone ones, and ask for their opinion. I can i
imagine that these guys have doubts about the PVC's, but silicone
(ask Pam) is a different story.
Best from dirk.