[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: Corks/Fischer Scientific

Tom U. wrote:

> >To:megavolt@io.com (John Anderson)
> >From:neonthom@earthlink.net (Tom U.)
> >Subject:Re: NEON- Re: Corks/Fischer Scientific
> >
> >John-
> >
> >The ones I'm using are two different shades of blue.  The solid ones are a
> >darker blue and the ones with the holes are a lighter blue.  None that you
> >are describing sound like the ones I have.  Sounds like we might need to
> >yield to Dirk; they just might be a "European" item.
> >
> >Tom U.
> >PS: Thanks for your work on the "boot" issue; I've been finding it helpful.
> >
> >>Tom,
> >>
> >>Looking in my Fisher Catalog under "stoppers."  What color were the ones
> >>you saw in Holland?
> >>
> >>They sell black rubber ones, green neoprene ones, red-rubber ones with
> >>long tapers.  Also hard white Teflon ones.
> >>
> >>Any of these sound like the ones?
> >>
> >>I've seen plain silicone corks for sale, don't remember where.
> >>
> >>   -John
> >Reply from dirk:
You mentioned all the stoppers colour we don't use John. The red, black and the green
ones are not as good as the light blueish/grey ones I gave to Tom U.
The composition is: Shore hardness 38, SG 0.98 and the temp range is -35 till +120 C.
Maybe Fischer Scientific International USA have a different stock from FSI the Netherlands.
Anyway soon you will receive.
Best from dirk who was reading this morning a very interesting story about a tricky dicky
from the White House.