[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: 8mm trodes

>> Hey those 8mm electrodes are super cool!!  Where can I buy some?  Seen any
>> rabid possums lately?
>
>EGL is selling them, but very expensive.
>Electrobits selling chinese ones, bad quality. Available via Neon Tech,
>San Diego. Often the tubulation hole doesn't go through.
>They recommend bombing at 300mA, but 75mA are enough for the high heat.
>
>Marcus

Marcus and Dick, the electrodes that Dick is refering to are made by
Masonlite. The shells are stainless steel which gives you the ability to
bomb them at "normal" tube pressures and "reasonable" mA (start about 150
and finish at 250mA).  There are in stock at Transco.
I have used many of the EGL 8mm and found they worked well bombed using a
Variac and a 12000 / 120mA.  I had difficulty with them when going between
different lengths of glass getting a good procedure (pressure and mA) with
my 15kVa.
Morgan