[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: 8mm trodes

>Marcus and Dick, the electrodes that Dick is refering to are made by
>Masonlite. The shells are stainless steel which gives you the ability to
>bomb them at "normal" tube pressures and "reasonable" mA (start about 150
>and finish at 250mA).  There are in stock at Transco.
>I have used many of the EGL 8mm and found they worked well bombed using a
>Variac and a 12000 / 120mA.  I had difficulty with them when going between
>different lengths of glass getting a good procedure (pressure and mA) with
>my 15kVa.
>Morgan
P.S., one side comment on these. If you use the 8mm EGL electrodes, be
apprised of the fact that once in a while, more often by far than for normal
electrodes, they leak at the wire seal. I just spent hours looking for a
phantom leak which finally turned out to be right there in the back end of
the electrode itself where the Dumet leads pass through. By then the phosphor
had blown and I had to start over, so watch for this possible problem when
you use these.
Jeff Golin