[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Neon Coils

On 09/05/96 20:33:19 you wrote:

SNIP
>8mm snow white glass, as many turns as possible, without the glass contacting
>itself and sticking, perhaps about 8 turns. Do tell all. Customer just
>supplied a graphite rod right diameter for mandrel, any problems forseen with
>that?
SNIP

I have heard of using such a mandrel as a lathe and winding the glass onto it. The "Soup Can Engineer" in
me wonders why the mandrel can't be a cardboard tube wrapped in tranbestos? Besides seeing lathe
work in Holland the closest I have ever come to such an application is rotating Corn Dogs  over the ribbon
burner with a cordless drill.
Peace.