[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- more rubber boot story...

Got some more info to share on the rubber boot thing...  Today I talked
to Electrobits, Masters (again), and UL followup services.

What a confusing mess... but here's what I learned:

To date there is not a polymeric boot listed for use outside, exposed to
the weather.  According to UL followup services, Masters boots are only
listed for wet locations when enclosed _within_ a listed sign body.

What's a "sign body"?  According to them, it's part of the sign that
does not house any electrical components.  Go figure!!!

What disturbs me is that I've gotten a very different story from boot
manufacturers.  I'm going to look into this further.

   -John