[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- single trode xfrmr

> > If you use a hv capacitor to ground on the "G" connection (if it
> > exists) of most scripting xfrmrs this will work - but this is NOT
> > endorsed or likely waranteed by the manufacturers.    They work on
> > the exact same principle.

> When using flyback circuits, I had sometimes problems with the coil
> insulation breaking down and causing immediate burnout. These
> flyback transfo's are not open-circuit-proof!

Yes, this is a problem. Circuit's I've seen (including the ones in TV
sets)  employ a tank circuit, and ballast resistor on the primary
side.  Also a zener diode in the signal circuit.

Did you mention the size of what you are trying to light?

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web