[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: transformer loading

>Reply from dirk.
>We use together with our fluke the YB 101 amp pliers. I don't think that
>this a correct English word, but I cannot do better. You know it is that
>clip on (over) device to pick up induction.

Not important, but the term here if you want it, Dirk, is a "clamp-on"
ammeter. But you mean that you clamp it on the primary side? I never found
one that went to a low enough Amp range to measure milliamps, at least not
here, to work on the secondary side. That would be a really fine tool, but
apparently it's too low to measure the milliamps inductively, never found one
in any catalog.
Jeff

Reply from dirk,
Yes Jeff, we meassure the secundary current with the YB 101 clamp-on (thank
you jeff) device. It is a FLUKE accessoire, so you can find it is their
catalogue. The type I bought is measuring from 10 till 150 mA within one digit.
Best from dirk a. boonstra