[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- gas mixtures

On 08/01/96 22:35:13 you wrote:
SNIP
>and if you are using an argon/neon mixture, how does this =
>effect the transformer loading as opposed to using either straight neon =
>or argon.
SNIP
>Gary Gordon=20
>Neon Electro

I would think that mixing the two gasses as a carrier gas and still employing mercury you should be able
to use the same filling chart. It is my understanding that 90% of the light given off in a HG filled tube is
from the HG itself. Using an MA Meter should give you some idea of added or decreased resistance in
the tubes, considering filling pressure stays the same, etc. Then again if the carrier gas has the ability to
dance faster to the same music more heat will be generated. Hence faster HG distribution throughout the
tube.

Peace.

Yield your swords and call out for the beast!
Know the name for the beast is Ignorance...
The blood of the beast, Bliss.
But ponder...Shall ye spill the blood of the
beast and chance becoming the beast?