[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- gas mixtures

Tom, once you get mixtures above 96 or 97 % neon when the tube gets so cold
as to condense the hg. it comes on red. (Or it looks like red gas in
whatever color phosphor tube you're using).  There is little difference
between a "safe" low 90% neon mixture and a 100% neon with hg filled tube in
terms of how low the temp they will work at low temps.
And although a dim tube looks bad, a set of multicolored letters in a sign
looks much worse to the customer.
Morgan