[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- gas mixtures

>The difference and reason why neon is not used is that in winter outdoor
>tubes will start red....
>Imagine the customers face when his nice white sign on his roof
> turned red when switched on.
>It's a nice effect with HF excitation and different tube diameters.
>You can see examples in Rudi Stern's books - David Swenson's dance
levitation

>series in example.
>(Or Dave Ablon's  "flip the switch")
>
>Marcus

Ah, very interesting! Here in sunny Northern California, we rarely have this
opportunity to explore sub-freezing temperatures. Perhaps up in Tahoe, but
not down here in the lowlands. And speaking of lowlands, did you know, Dirk,
that our Sacramento delta near here was pioneered by Dutch settlers
disappointed by the Gold Rush that brought over their dike-making
technologies in the 1880's and turned the inland delta area into a virtual
Holland building dikes around man-made islands and draining them for some of
the best and most fertile agricultural lands in the state? True.

Jeff Golin