[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- gas mixtures

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	INTERNET:EclectiKat@aol.com, INTERNET:EclectiKat@aol.com
TO:	(unknown), INTERNET:NEON-L@LISTS.IO.COM
DATE:	8/6/96 7:02 AM

RE:	Re: NEON- gas mixtures

Sender: owner-neon-l@lists.io.com
From: EclectiKat@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 06:09:17 -0400
To: neon-l@lists.io.com
Subject: Re: NEON- gas mixtures
Sender: owner-neon-l@io.com

>Argon is best, has a low cathode fall, low ionization energy.

Marcus, visually the results are impossible to differentiate, between Ne/Hg
and A/Hg, but I suppose there may be a difference not detectable by eye.
Instead of theorizing, why not measure? Doubt that the difference is as great
as you suppose, but I'm still curious.
Jeff
Reply from dirk:
Excuse me Jeff for this late reply but Tom U was killing me the last
two weeks. Of course no insults to you Tom, but I was not replying the
way I used to you, and on the other hand I think we had a extremely good
time.
As we meassured the difference Jeff we can say that there is a difference
of only a few percent, never going over 4%. Using a decent HV pump (what
ever the type or brand or system is) is saving you three to four times
that amount of energy. So good processing is more essential to this matter
of saving energy, or did I get the message wrong.

Best from dirk a. boonstra