[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Building a loading meter

> > As far as which method mA or HV is the more accurate means of
> > current(mA)you are apt to get readings that are adversly effected
> > by the reactance in your secondary wiring, and will be prone to
> > overload.

Do you mean that if I am reading 24mA, the milliammeter is not
indicating what voltage level I've reached since this will vary with
the tubing's length. I could add tubing (and wiring) causing the
voltage to rise while the 24mA stayed relatively stable?

If so, that's a good point in addition to what you say below.

> > Using the HV method is a much easier test to actually take
> > (parrallel as apposed to series), it also takes into account
> > voltage that is lost to ground via capacitive coupling which adds
> > to the actual load on the trans. but is not taken into
> > consideration on a mA test.

> > Now the best of both worlds is performing both tests.

Amen.

Steve,

Thanks for the input.

Do you have information on how to install a midpoint grounded circuit
with secondary GFI protection?

Thanks,

Kenny

Definitely not a physicist, though somewhat of a backyard theoretical
metaphysicist. :-)

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web