[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- an easy question's reply

Okay everyone - here's the question.
The bender did a job outside using core and coil transformers -- no staining.
The interior around windows was done, mercury tubes, using electronic transformers.  Accordingly
all the interior "stained".
So guys, and gals, give a guess so I can explain your answers to her.
If it so happens that your answers agree with mine -then I can just call and
say I was right.  My guess was to "send for the terminator".>> I will send you by
fax my flight schedule from Amsterdam airport.

Gary L. Nutting>>>

Dear Gary,
I recognize the symptoms as we have the same here in Holland when we use
converters together with the dry powder technique, but only when the cheap,and
instable, halo phosphates powder for the fluorescent layer is used.
So, can you come back to me with the used colours an type of phophates.
The reason that we never see this phenomenom in TL tubes is becouse of the
fact as converters are used the tube always have a layer from the modern tri
phosphate's from the three-colour band activated with rare earth.
These phosphates are inert for the HF stream, not staining. The powders from
the three band are always mentioned as the high intensive or high light output
(or something simular to that) colours.
Even when we use the "white" colours together with HF converters we must be
aware of the fact that the tri phosphate "white's" are put in the tube as the
fluorescent layer.
The tri phosphates are worldwide named as brilliant blue, cat green and coral
rose. From the red are two different type's the argon red (having a white body
colour) and the coral rose, having a yellow body colour. For the white's I
prefer the yellow body colour (#2), but for the red (at 627 nm) I prefer the
argon red (#3).
On the other hand I truly think that suppliers must give this information to
clients when they buy or tubes or converters to prevent these unneccessary and
costly mistakes.
Maybe one also can see the difference in quality from the whites as it is more
then only a difference in price.

Best regards from dirk a. boonstra