[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- an easy question

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	Jacob Fishman, INTERNET:neofish@mcs.net
TO:	(unknown), INTERNET:NEON-L@LISTS.IO.COM
DATE:	8/27/96 11:10 AM

RE:	Re: NEON- an easy question

Sender: owner-neon-l@lists.io.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:03:33 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jacob Fishman <neofish@mcs.net>
To: neon-l@lists.io.com
Subject: Re: NEON- an easy question
Sender: owner-neon-l@io.com

Hello Listers!

I do not belive that solid state transformers cause mercury staining.  I
think what has happened in this case is improper pumping.  If a lamp is
not pumped correctly it will stain and using solid state may expedite the
staining.  Why? Because SS tranies will run hotter.
Reply from dirk.
What do you mean the glas or the transformer or both, as I realy cannot
understand what you are talking about.

The big clue here is seeing staining close to the electrodes.  If the
electrodes are brought up to temp when the vacuum is too great, the
impurities will settle in the tube.

Transco has published a really nice pumping routine.  A copy of this
senario is available at www.lightwriters.com/nw   Anybody wanna see it
posted here?

Jacob

Dear Jacob,
I realy don't think that that is the (your) problem. Look to my reply
about the composition of the fluorescent powders and maybe that will help,
o r at least think about it as I noticed that is the real truth for your
staining when HF converters are involved. Again, I have never fully researched
this subject as I thought it was not neccessary as this problem only occured
when HF converters were involved, so for me it was totaly clear.
Best regards from dirk a. boonstra