[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- an easy question

On 08/26/96 22:33:35 you wrote:

>Okay everyone - here's the question.  A tube bender nailed me with this question
>today, and after not liking my guesstimated answer I promised to submit the
>scenario to the educated peers.
SNIP

I am going to lean in Dirk's direction and guess the coating or binder is helping the staining. Could be that
the binder was not sintered at the factory or the units were bombarded to the extent of burning the
coating. I suppose the rest of the box of glass would provide a few clues. While bombing post coated
glass you can tell during the pocess if the tubes were baked properly. Tubes that have been coated with
suspension and not properly baked yield similar results. At the very least the light from the tubes is sort
of gray...
Peace