[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neon trouble

<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
From: aloha@xnet.com
Subject: Re: Neon trouble
To: neon-l@netcom.com

I wonder how all the other variables were checked?
The most frequent reason for failure with a small (like 8mm ) electrodes seems
to be improper heating of the electrodes.    The smaller types if not started at
a lower amperage( see EGL's instructions) will heat too fast, causing you as the
bombarder to back off before the glass has reached a hot enough Temp..
The end result is tubes that fail months down the line because of impurities
that were not gasifided by heating the complete tube to a high enough
temperature ( above 175 degrees C ) long
enough.   Remember the bads and ugly's in the tube are turned to gas above 175 C
and the time above 175 c is the key.
    I don't have enough information to say for sure, but I would definely read
the instuctions on the EGL box and check this out.
One other thing to try is the Masonlite 8mm electrodes with ceramic collors
these will stand the heat better.
 I have just a couple of Questions???
Do you have a temp guage, vaccum, type of manifold system( no comments from
flamers!)
What pressure are you bombarding ( interior pressure in the tube)
Aloha

<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->