[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bombarding Flashback Bombarding Flashback

>Has anyone experienced a situation where, at the start of the
>bombarding process, the bombarding current passed from one of the
>unit’s electrodes down through the main stopcock and into the vacuum
>pump.  This may be a common occurrence, but I haven’t see it before.
-
I've heard of people integrating a non-tubulated electrode into
the manifold near the stopcock. The wires are then tied to ground.
This shunts any flashback to ground and not through the manifold.

--- Frank Varnell
--- XLNT Designs Inc. (XDI)
--- 15050 Avenue of Science
--- San Diego,  CA  92128  USA