[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hot Glass Q's

JD, trade your 1968 Holley in for  a New Holley 650cfm double pumper spread
bore, set on a Edelbrock dual plane performer manifold  and you'll have much
better luck<g>. JD I'm just into this field about a year so I know that the
more experienced pro's on this list are going to put some serious info on you
as they have been a great help to me. My guess is it is NOT the glass. It
took me a while to set my fires up last summer, because my glass first looked
like I should have become a" plumber" there was so much lead conversion.  You
are on the right track trying to balance air and gas to lower flame temp not
JUST the flame SIZE. I have my cross and cannon about what John says innner
cone 3" apart approx but also the darker end flames just barely touching the
tube. My normal heat time (rotating and back and forth left/right) is
10-14secs and it is ready to bend,or screw up depending on your luck<g> Sorry
it is hard to tell you exactly in writing what a good flome looks like,I know
you understand the principal here. Best of luck and I am waiting for the
other members info, who I know can do this stuff blindfolded. That's the
difference between them and me is my bends look like I was blindfolded<g>

Don
Don
Don
]