[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: color dyes/paints

>Does anyone know where to get color lacquer type paints as in the beer signs
>that can be applied to white tubing?? It appears to have been dipped not
>sprayed for even coating,or if you found something that works the same. I'm
>experimenting with gradual color shifts not the sudden changes as in welding
>different colored tubing together. Any direction for assistance would be
>appreciated. DonB

 I have heard of people using a 2 part  automotive paint. If I can recall
they only use
the base coat. I personally have contacted some of the major beer sign
manufactures, and I have found they don't lke to give away their secrets.
 We repair must of the beer signs in South Fla. for the distributors and
have had to come up with some neat tricks to work around the paint problem.

    Jay B. Little

            Grove Neon Company
          Bright Image Signs
         littlejb@emi.net