[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

solid state transformers

>>> My favorite solid states on the market are by Alanson, TFT, and >>>Bertoni.

Well,  we all draw our lines in different places...I repump merc. tubes
(though not many come my way) but I no longer use ANY solid-state transformers.

I put a three-year warranty on all my jobs and I can't lose my butt on the
labor to replace the units even when they are covered....I'll wait another
ten years until the bugs are all out.

Of ferromagnetic transformers, I've been happiest with the newer Transco
epoxy-filled line -- haven't had one fail yet. Was using Actown (best
warranty) but had several fail -- again, the replacement cost of just my
labor kills me if I have to spend a day driving just to service it, so I'm
very careful about keeping 'em properly loaded and COOL (even installing
muffin fans in the transformer boxes if need be).

-Ted Pirsig