[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: skin effect

Yes, these are very conventional single tube runs, with HV running to each
end, with no center tap grounding. Each conduit runs one wire only, of
course.
Is this the answer you were looking for?
Jeff
P.S., another very fine advantage of this method is silent operation and a
minimum of RFI. Nothing exacerbates either of these problems like running
high voltage in grounded metal conduit. That infernal humming sound is
largely due to the acoustic noise of the wire vibrating at 60 Hz inside the
conduit by electromechanical oscillation. The one example I gave of wiring
transformers almost 200 feet from the ends of the neon tube run was a church
altar. I put the neon transformers on the floor and ran outline lighting up
the sides to the top of the nave for covelighting. This church was so quiet
during vespers you could hear a pin drop, yet the neon was completely
inaudible.