[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reaching Out

>Any suggestions for attracting new business besides advertising in the Yellow
>Pages or placing ads in the newspaper? Any unusual techniques for getting the
>word out at the lowest possible cost?
>Comments & suggestions?

        I tried direct mail and wasn't very happy with the results.  Had a
1% to 2% return and sold only to a couple of them on followups.  Referrals
are the very best.  Always check back on a job in 1 to 2 weeks to find out
if there is any questions and then "if there is anything else I can do or if
you know of anyone else interested in neon" and if I do get a referral from
someone, I make sure to write a letter thanking them, its a form letter,
takes a couple of minutes but maybe it will get another referral.
        The Yellow pages you have to be in but some times I think the only
ones that read them are the salesmen for everything that you can imagine.
Another thing that I have been thinking about is some shopping malls have
window displays for rent in them.  I was going to rent one and setup a
display but that would be more for consumers and I don't know if I want to
deal with that.  I am more worried about some little kid getting shocked by
the transformer.  I know that my grandchidren go straight for the bright
light.  I just maybe that is why neon is interesting to alot of people, it's
part of our basic make-up.

                                                        Ron
                                                        neonron@nconnect.net