[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

dark stains

Members, asking for a little general info on something I'm seeing on quite a
lot of neon around town. I've noticed  a considerable amount of what appears
to be,  dark smoky(streaks)  in neon tubes around here, even in some of the
large commercial stores. I'm under the impression that this could be due to
improper processing (mercury related?). The streaks are at varing places
around the tube,bends,straight sections almost always at random and have a
smoke streak appearance. Some of the signs do not appear to be very old.
Would appreciate what are the causes so I don't put that out in the world.
Thanks,

Don