[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Over-pricing?

        I know everyone complains about being under bid by basement benders,
but as someone that bends at home,  I would like to complain about being
over-priced by a full service sign shop.  I live about 35 miles from a major
city, and one of the major grocey chains that is indiv. owned had some
broken neon in their video dept.  It was flashing for about a week, so I
talked to the manager about turning it off and offered my services.  He said
that they had put in a call to the sign company that they use and they would
be coming to fix it.
        Well it has never been fixed and this is why.  The sign company
charged $175 to come out and pick up the broken tube.  They wanted $275 to
replace it
( about 5-6 feet long, 13mm clear red, 2 double backs, about 3 to 4 - 90
degree to 135 degree bends, 6-7 feet off the ground) and then a mimumin of
$175 to reinstall it.  The owner that has at least 3 other stores said that
was too much and doesn't want anything to do with neon anymore.  Here was a
case that by over-charging, they ruined it for everyone.

                                                        Ron
                                                        neonron@nconnect.net