[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: re: neon pricing, etc

Hi.

The nice thing about this industry is the real dynamics of every shop. When I
apprenticed in Toronto, the studio primarily did wholesale work. We would
bend 10 hrs everyday, 6 days a week, pump on pumpdays only to save time and
ship tubes by weeks end.

The amazing thing that with a little time-control and organisation we bent a
heck of a lot each week, and your skills really tighten up. But profits can
be had doing wholesale this way with the bender/pumpers always in the shop,
never answering the phone, etc...

We would drink coffee, listen to Billy Holiday and have an important
atmosphere for bending. I think the shops that put the glassworkers next to
the metalshop are really hurting productivity.

We really need wholesale shops that create great wholesale tubes., and I
really believe good earnings are there.

John Popadiuk
Toronto
http://navishow.web.aol.com/lab/p/planetdesign/axis/pgcovr.html