[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: phosphors

Dear Lori,
As fluorescent powders only can be made from earth minerals the number of them
or limited. Today we know all the minerals mother earth is given to us, at least
the ones we discovered. Thinking that in Japan there are more fluorescent
powders than in the USA or The Netherlands in for sure not true.  I have over 30
different fluo powders here in stock and with these powders a
one can create over 40 different colours by using different rare gases or filter
tubing. As far as I know all minerals that could be used for discharge lamps are
known, and the most important issue is that the mineral must be able to react on
the 253,7 nm mercury line developed from the low pressure merc discharge.
Sometimes wwe can use mineral that are used for the high power (sodium) lamps,
but these powders must be converted with several activaters to the low pressure
merc line of 253,7 nm.
So all minerals are well known and there is not one left over that is not tested
for producing visibel light. As you wrote ther are several minerals which can
produce even IR light. That's for sure true, but what can we do with these
mineral. They never can produce (for our eye) visibel light and they are only
used for medical treatment, like the UVA, UVB and UVC lamps at the other side of
the spectrum with their extreme short wavelength.
If you need more, or specific, information ask
Dirk, who is signing with his best regards.