[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: phosphors

John Anderson wrote:

> The number of phosphors available is mind-boggling.  The
> neon industry uses only a few of the many types manufactured.  There are
> custom blends (6500, hi-CRI daylight, tri-phosphor) as well as special
> phosphors for exotic flat-panel computer displays.  There are even
> infra-red-activated phosphors.

John,

I recently chatted with one of the guys that work at "Let There Be Neon"
in NY and was told that Japan has MANY more neon colors than we do here
in the US.  Is the reason for this that they use more phosphors?  Why
don't the shops in the US use more of them?  (Of course, Japan is
supposed to be the leader in neon usage.)

Lori Reed